View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~eyes
I have talked to many NBA officials, supervisors, former nba officials and what I hear most is that its just not worth it. There are some NCAA officials that could be in the NBA but don't want to because working NBA basketball sucks. You are under large amounts of scrutiny, you are gone 6 (7?) months out of the year, away from any family/friends that you may have. Sure the pay is good but to me its just not worth it, when I can be working a full NCAA schedule, making good money off of a few months out of the year AND I have my regular job which is bringing in my benefits and steady income. Furthermore if I want I can take any day off from officiating basketball, all i have to do is scratch it and I'm good to go. Probably no such system, after hearing NBA officials talk about how they miss their kids birthdays, tball games, christmas...yadyadyada it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Why put yourself through it?

Also I think the basketball sucks, if we took out pay and travel and all that crap. And I just was picking the game to officiate (NBA or NCAA) then I would take a D1 college game. I really don't like the NBA game, I don't watch much NBA during the year, only the playoffs pretty much. And that's only because I like to watch the officials mainly.

Seriously, who wants to go to Dallas and have to listen to you yelling in their face? It's like you want good officials yet you yell and scream at them. Why do I want that? Explain to me what's so good about being an NBA official?
Yeah, instead you can listen to the student section recite your personal life history. I can see your perspective.