View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2002, 08:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
JRutledge,

You really set yourself up when you posted the following on the other board:

1)failure to award a merited free throw.You can easily prevent this by just knowing how many fouls you have on the board and what kind of foul.

Then you go back on your own words and say that you can't trust the board.

Come on...admit it. Even you fall asleep at the wheel once a year. Try as we might, we'll all end up in a "situation" even with all our experience and ability. Preventative officiating is critical, but when it doesn't always work (as you claimed before you "got yours"), it's time to work your way out. And now it happened to you. You're human. It's OK. One of the beautiful things about reffing is how it humbles us. When you got a little sure of yourself, the game brought you back down with the rest of us. Welcome home.

Peace

Z
Admit what? You need to go and read the ENTIRE POST!!!!!! You cannot take one comment or one phrase out that entire post and say, "SEE, SEE YOU SAID THAT!!!" I just went back and read it just for my own memory. I clearly stated this example to show that as an official, you need to take ownership of these type of things, because if you do not you will get blamed no matter who actually did what. I will say this, I was not the referee in this situation. If I had been, I would have told them what to do if we have these type of confusions. I do not know if my partner did or not, but I would have told them what was right and wrong if we had book problems and when and how to address them or get our attention to correct them.

And I will also say this, IT WAS COMPLETELY MY FAULT!!! Does that go along with what I said before? Or do I need to quote myself on that? Did you see me say anything differently the fact that this mistake happen. I personally did not ask the table the proper questions and this happen. I never put myself on a higher plane. I SAID THAT IT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AND I STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! I am not one of these that says, "it just happens." It should have not happen and I stand by that. And this was not even the situation that was discussed. But as I said before, it did not affect the game at all. It is not like "I" gave a T for something I could have prevented. I already did that, we just did not shoot them in the proper order. BIG, BIG, BIG DIFFERENCE in my book. And if it is not a big difference, you tell me why on everyone's pregame board or you see, "Eye contact before putting the ball into play." It is not because we like to look at each other.

Let us have a little perspective.

Peace