View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 24, 2006, 07:51pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloggingRefGuy
1) Does ANYTHING justify four punches to the head of an unconscious person? Ever? Nobody who's coming to the defense of the attacker has answered that to my satisfaction.

2) Yes, we don't know started it. Yes, a more carefully-officiated game could have prevented this whole thing.
1) Well, I don't think most posters- including Dan_Ref- are really trying to justify anything. They're just saying that the Lawrence kid instigated this mess with his shove. The other kid retaliated to that instigation. Couldn't be clearer and simpler from the posted video imo.

2) Sorry, but also imo both of those statements are absolutely ridiculous. The only real evidence that we have is the video, unless you've got some other evidence that we aren't privy to. That video clearly shows the Lawrence kid starting the fracas with his push. Or are you saying that there wasn't a push? On your other statement, I'd also like to know how you know that the officials are partially to blame also. Did you see anything else but the video posted at the start of this thread? Were you at this game? Could you please give us some explicit examples of exactly where the officials failed to keep control of this game? I eagerly await your enlightment. Personally, I couldn't ever say anything like that because all I've seen is a few seconds of a video clip. Exactly how could they have officiated this game more carefully?

Prediction- you'll never see charges in this case unless both kids are charged. That was not an unprovoked attack. Note that certainly doesn't exonerate the Wichita kid; both kids are equally to blame imo. Trying to hold the Lawrence kid blameless though is just ridiculous.

Note- that's my opinion. Nobody is gonna answer anything to your satisfaction either obviously; your opinion is completely different. We're just gonna haveta disagree on this one.