View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2002, 03:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down At least put it into context.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Gee,Rut,guess who quoted the following over on the Mcgriff board?
Qoute-"I disagree completely.These situations happen for the most part because officals fall asleep.If you keep focus,it is very difficult to find yourself in these mistakes.
For examples of correctable error situations:
1)failure to award a merited free throw.You can easily prevent this by just knowing how many fouls you have on the board and what kind of foul.
Dead ball fouls are the time you should do the most officiating.These situations do not just happen,and if they do the problem is YOU,not the people around you.
Yes,these situations can just happen,but not without help from the officials.It is your job to run the game.If you cannot run the game,maybe you should not be out out there." End of quote!
The winning responder gets to do girls' games for the rest of the year.Sorry,Rut,the devil made me do it!:

Yes it can be easily prevented, but this is a totally different situation. This is not just not deciding to not give a FT, we were not told at all. As a matter of fact, we told the table we were shooting the FT and why. If they new that the first foul was supposed be bonus, then this would have never happen. A good table should be telling you these things immediately. I do not sit at the table and look up every foul, and most of the time you cannot rely on the score board. We had already had a confusion with them earlier in the game with and 1 and 1 situation.

And JR, this situation that you quoted was completely different situation. We were not talking FT, we were talking about not being able to count players. The table has almost nothing to do with that. If you have 12 players on the court and you cannot catch that, it is your fault for allowing that to happen. This situation that I discribed here was was completely different. It would be like expecting officials to know how many fouls a player had exactly. You might have knowledge, but you are not going to know on your own that you fouled out a player.

Do not come here and try to think you caught someone saying something condradictory and you did not give all the statements or information. And for your information, I took responsibility for the situtation. I did not blame the table personnel at all when I explained the situation to the coaches. So in the end I practice what I preach, do you?

I will add this considering that we already had a problem earlier. I should have just flat out have asked the table if we were close to the bonus. Because it would have made a big difference if the T was the 7th foul. You cannot take the word of the table all the times. And if you do you will still be blamed for the confusion.

Again, if you are too incompetent to count the correct players on the court, you need to give up the whistle. Not because you are stupid or anything like that, but it is something you HAVE TO DO every game several times a game. And if you cannot take responsibility for that, I still feel the same way. The McGriff Board discussion was basically a bunch of people trying to justify making this mistake, and I was saying there was no kind of justification. And I still say that correctable error situations for the most part are officials falling asleep. And most of those have nothing to do with the table. If you do not award merited FT, usually it is officials that give 1 and 1, instead of 2 or not knowing how many to give on an intentional foul on a made basket or other ways that the OFFICIALS are not aware of the rule applications to deal with the situation. But again, who else is responsible for officials counting 5 on a side? Please do not tell me the table is responsible.

If you are going to quote me, quote me "completely disagreeing" about the same situtation. Not disagreeing about a seperate rule or separate situation. Counting players or not having enough players on the court is NOT A CORRECTABLE ERROR SITUATION!!! Maybe your name is fitting.

Peace