View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 22, 2006, 07:51pm

Ozzie Guillen's so-called apology

I am a big White Sox fan, but I have lost any respect I had for Ozzie Guillen.

I am not upset for the reason the media pundits are crying about, that he used a sexual slur against Jay Marriotti and offended homosexuals. I couldn't care less if gay folks get offended by the word "fag." For cryin' out loud, they call each other "queen" and "girl" and many other names, including "fag." Nobody gets upset at that word if they are truly gay.

It isn't the gay people that Ozzie should apologize to in the first place. I say that he should directly apologize to Jay Marriotti for calling him a fag!

Ozzie's lame "sorry if I offended anybody" style half-hearted apology is going to fall on deaf ears anyway, and I would be offended if a major league manager called me a homosexual. What, Ozzie's all of a sudden an authority on Marriotti's sexual preference? Hardly.

The media's take on this doesn't surprise me at all. They completely miss the point, as usual. The offended party here is Jay Marriotti, who is himself a troublemaker, but not deserving of being labeled as gay by the classless Guillen.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25