View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

From the fingertips of socalblue1:

As far as BA's post: It's not a double standard at all. The fill-in umpires EARNED the title SCAB (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: SCAB is a slang term for a strike-breaker).

Oh, okay...so I can use the words nigger, kike, spic, wop, dago, sheeny, dyke and fag with impunity? After all, those are slang terms for those people.

By the way, they didn't break the strike. They simply replaced the umpires that refused to work. The strike still went on.

Umpires that took games during the strike KNEW what they were doing. Regardless of the reason one did these games, he/she earned the title. Live with it - you got exactly what you asked for.

Jim, you are treading a slippery slope. One could say that the AMLU gang got exactly what they deserved.

Do I agree with everything that the AMLU &/or supporters have done or have been accused of doing? No, but that's simply my opionion. However, SCABS earned the title, so they have zero room to complain when names &/or pictures of them appearing in a public venue are posted.

Okay...so I propose we begin a website for Associate AMLU members and part time Minor League umpires. We can post their photos (I assure you they won't be flattering.) and exploits. We can defame them and ridciule their actions and behaviors. The juicy photos of coach/player flare-ups will make great fodder for a rolling billboard on the masthead. Maybe we can dig up some personal background info and publish that too.

What? You don't like that idea. After all, when the replacement umpires (term used by MiLB, MLB and PBUC) agreed to work those contests, they never signed a waiver of rights. One would think that you never heard of slander and libel suits. If you think it's alright to defame an ordinary worker then you should have no problem telling us where we can find you gainfully employed.

So far as mistakes that may have been made: Any person improperly listed is free to PM me here. I can assure you that every reasonable effort will be made to correct mistakes (Hickman is OFF the list). PDX - we can fix your name too...

The word "reasonable" should never make it into any AMLU related spin. When they decided to publish the names, addresses and photographs of those that worked in their stead, they made a tremendous mistake. The wrath of the amateur umpire is greater than that of 220 prima donas. Since the average stay in the PBUC system is seven years, those inflated egos will be brought down to earth soon. They will join the ranks of those who umpire for the joy of the game (the paycheck, exercise and occassional MILF in the stands too). Former MiLB umpires worked as replacements and were just as qualified. What did they do to deserve the defamation? They worked games that the AMLU guys said they didn't want anymore. When I turn back college games to my league or assignor, I don't get to ridicule my replacement. Be a man and admit that.