View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I find it funny that this guy can rip people for taking games that were refused by AMLU members, so that regular folks could take in a game, but I can't call him what he is.

It's okay to call people scabs because they don't respect unions, which is their God-given right, but I'm not permitted to call this person a demeaning name as well. Double standard here.

He ended his post with a challenge to take shots at him, but I guess the word "scab" is acceptable, but *** is not.

I loved it when Reagan forced the Air Traffic Controllers back to work. A great day in American history!
Steve,

No way to compare the two. Federal regulation prohibited the ATC strike because it put the public at risk (Same reason why law enforcement & fire fighter may not strike).

As far as BA's post: It's not a double standard at all. The fill-in umpires EARNED the title SCAB (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: SCAB is a slang term for a strike-breaker).

Umpires that took games during the strike KNEW what they were doing. Regardless of the reason one did these games, he/she earned the title. Live with it - you got exactly what you asked for.

Do I agree with everything that the AMLU &/or supporters have done or have been accused of doing? No, but that's simply my opionion. However, SCABS earned the title, so they have zero room to complain when names &/or pictures of them appearing in a public venue are posted.

So far as mistakes that may have been made: Any person improperly listed is free to PM me here. I can assure you that every reasonable effort will be made to correct mistakes (Hickman is OFF the list). PDX - we can fix your name too ....

Last edited by socalblue1; Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 12:35pm.