Thread: Camp notes....
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
Now they want one step up and one step in (on to the floor).
"Trail mentality"

Quote:
Now they want the lead to "pinch the paint"(a new term to me) which means to take a couple steps backwards (more depth, like we used to do in two person)
Maybe I'm not hearing you right, but this is not how "pinch the paint" is explained around here. Pinching the paint means stepping into the paint, not away from it. That's how it's used at camps on the east coast, anyway.

Quote:
When transitioning to lead, they now want the lead official to do directly to close-down

The trail is now working onto the floor more instead of hugging the sideline so much. Much more reffing "inside out" from the trail.

Once a player "gathers the ball," they have begun their shooting motion.
Welcome to the NBA.

Quote:
A 3-person crew should never have to go to the AP arrow on an out-of-bounds situation. If an official needs and his first partner doesn't know who hit it, the second official darn well better have a direction.
If you said "almost never", I'd go with you on this. But there's always that one-in-a-million time when nobody had a look. That's why the rule is there. Hopefully, you won't make it up just to avoid the arrow.