View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 18, 2006, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I think you have me confused with someone else. I have never used the FED mechanic on an OBR or LL game in my life. Perhaps you are thinking of someone else? (Maybe BigUmp56 with whom I have been arguing this for some time now?)

Awaiting retraction.
In post 7 of this thread, you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
"There is no such thing as a delayed deadball under Major League Rules. It is live, or it is dead. It might become dead in the future, it might not. But there is no delayed deadball. That's a high school thing."

Jim Evans, November 2004

I must save this post for BigUmp56, with whom I have had a running fued over this issue for some time now. I have long held that there is no delayed dead ball in OBR. There is in Little League, and they use the FED signal too. But in any other league with an OBR rule base, there is no such animal. In OBR, you point at the play and say "that's Obstruction," and you don't stick your left arm out to the side.

Tim, I'm not often right, but in this I am. I used the example in my original post to see if I could draw out some opinion to match my own, and I did. Apparently Reverend Jimmy agrees.

Emphasis added to pinpoint where you said Little League uses the FED delayed dead ball mechanic (signal).