View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 05, 2002, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I tossed a fan once, and I would do it again in the same circumstances. There were about nine fans in the whole gym so everything everyone said was very noticable. Neither of these teams (girls' freshmen) were very good and the game was not going well. To add insult to injury, these two teen-age1 boys were sitting there 3shouting vulgar insults at the players on one team, and it was clearly beginning to affect the players. I kept listening, and was looking for the AD, my partner wouldn't address the issue. Finally, there was a time-out and I w1as standing on the sidel2in0e right near3 these guys. I 4turned to them and said, "Guys, either knock it off, or leave." And they left!! As soon as the AD showed up1 again,2 I went and told him wh3at I'd done. He was fine with 4it -- I guess it's not the first time those b5oys had been troublesome. (So why wasn't he there when I needed him, if he knew what they were like!?!)

There was this one other time when I tried to toss fans... some of you folks will re1member... but that's 2not a subjec3t I care to dwell on...

(please igmore t4he extra numbers i5n this6 post -- they are the bright idea of my 3-yr-old.)