View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

And Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
Mr B.
I'm not saying that they got neither a fair nor unfair contract. I'm saying that SCABs crossing their picket lines undermined their ability to pressure PBUC and MiLB to consider consessions.
65% of the membership ratified the contract, so the entire membership ended the strike. Fine. I just wonder how much they may have received had the amature ranks across the nation supported them?
I am curious as to why they should expect our support?? We do not ask for or expect their support when negotiating game fees etc with schools. When they work assignments through these schools we do not show up and act like idiots, make harassing phone calls or post pics of them. We do not have a website they has pay pal on it saying "Please support us". The AMLU believed that they were too important for the game to do without. The AMLU believed the replacements (scabs) whatever you want to call them, could not do the job. In both cases the AMLU was wrong. The AMLU can blame amateur umpires, fans whoever the hell they want to blame but it boils down to this.

They believed their leadership.
They overvalued their importance.
They want guarantees that have never been there.
They threatened and isolated themselves from the "amatuers" with their actions and words.

They were proven wrong and now it is everyone's fault but theirs. If you don't like the wages or conditions, fine. But take responsibility for what you have done, don't drag everyone into it and move on.