Thread: Referee Sandals
View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Now, I may be making a huge assumption here, but I hope Love2ref4Ever is talking about after camp-type games. I know when I'm at camps, I always take off my (patent leather, of course) ref shoes and put on a pair of sandals to keep my feet cooler during the time in between games. And many, if not most of the other campers I've been with do the same thing. When you do 4, 5 or 6 games a day, keeping things cool and comfortable is important. Now, I'm not sure the pink and green flip-flops are appropriate, but I see nothing wrong with a good pair of sandals. If you are new to the camp, you might want to see what the other campers are using first, just so you don't stand out too much.

Now, if he's talking about regular games, I would still wear a good pair of dress shoes to and from the game. (But don't wear those wing-tips with your Bermuda shorts... ) Perhaps for summer league games, I could see getting away with a good pair of sneakers with shorts and a collared shirt. It's all about how professional you appear both on and off the court.

I haven't been able to find those patent leather sandals yet, but trust me, I'm lookin'.

JR - how the heck do you know Gene Simmons?

(Used with permission.)