View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 08, 2006, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dave
1. How far does BU come into infield on ball to outfield? He was constantly telling me to come in farther in the infield.
You come in far enough to stay out of the running lanes and still get a good look at the runner touching the base and close enough to the base that you are in position to make a call if there is a play.

Quote:
2. Runners on 2, 3. Line to outfield, where do I cover? Partner says that I need to be covering BR going to 1B, 2B. I thought I was to cover play at 3B.
The PU has the lead runner, you have all others at whichever base.
Quote:

3. Does anyone else sweep of pitcher's rubber between innings? I never learned that.
If in the area, I will sweep off the pitcher's plate, if needed.

Quote:
Understand, I am NOT critizing my partner. He has several years of experience and has done many tournaments. Since we don't have clinics, and I only do rec league, my mechanics are probably not very developed.
So, you are a "here's your shirt, here's your schedule, see you in a couple weeks" umpire school graduate.

Strongly suggest you find an ASA clinic in the fall or winter even if you need to travel a little way. If you can find a school, it will be worth it.

Good luck,