Thread: it's over
View Single Post
Old Wed May 31, 2006, 01:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLawyer
I think the AMLU got a bloody nose. They deserve a better deal, but it will be interesting to watch this board develop . . . Those who cracked on them for making their own choice to strike will be tempted to crack on them for choosing to accept the contract. No win. What motivates those folks? Jealousy? Hatred? Who knows? Who cares?

A buddy at Triple A expressed this sentiment- "Dude, I'm just happy to be getting back to work."

Now we'll have to find something else to fight about on this board. Don't worry, if there isn't something real soon, there are a few who will invent something.

Strikes and outs!
I don't remember too many people cracking on them for striking. I do recall some of us cracking on them for abandoning their jobs and getting upset that some folks stepped in and did the jobs they refused to do.

Everybody in the free world knows that MiLB umpires are underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated. That was not the point the anti-AMLU crowd was making. All the "scab" this and "scab" that got old real quick, and many of us felt that there was no reason for this vitriol.

Everyone knew that the replacement umpires were not as good of quality as the pros. Duh!!! Most of them did do the best they could though, and the games did need umpires, and were going to be played, regardless of any umpire work-stoppage.

I am glad the pro guys are coming back. I would have loved to see them get better treatment from MiLB. They always have deserved more money and benefits, and it's a shame they didn't get as much as they should have.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25