View Single Post
Old Tue May 30, 2006, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
This coming fall should be interesting, this will be my first fall working both HS and college level. Some of the travel for my Saturday games includes a four or five hour drive, one way! That will certainly make for one long day!! At this point in time we don't have any children but plan on starting a family soon. I think that's when thing really heat up- having a family and officiating.

This spring I asked this same type of question to guys that have been working D2, as well as other officals at higher levels, the one common thing from all of them is be sure you're taking care of her and your family. Family comes first, regardless. I know I forget that from time to time in pursuit of my goals.

Another thing they said is that their game fees go straight into another bank account. One guy puts all the money into his son's college fund at the end of the year, another guy it pays for trips or a piece of jewlery for his wife. That way he can always use that as leverage (as sad as that sounds).