View Single Post
Old Sun May 28, 2006, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

“Rant On”

What got me was that ESPN goes thru the trouble of broadcasting the 2nd and 3rd games of the Tenn/Mich series.. Michigan pushes the series to a decisive game three.. it’s a tight 1-0 ball game going into the seventh inning.. and then almost the entire seventh inning is preempted by Barry Bonds hitting his big home run.

And we don’t just get the Barry at bat. No. We get a ton of talking-head commentary after that, then we get to go into a pre-planned Barry mini history complete with many reruns of Barry hitting homers, and a stretch were we see Barry getting intentionally walked a few times. Then we have to talk about the steroids. Then we have to listen to HEY DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE PRE-EMPTING A LIVE EVENT HERE TO SEE “HIGHLIGHTS” OF BARRY GETTING WALKED?

Oh, my God!

By the time they come back to the softball game, it was over and Tennessee had won. But Michigan had nearly pulled a come from behind win in the 7th. We were immediately told the final score, and then we got to watch the Michigan half of the 7th.

Couldn’t ESPN have shown the at-bat (about 2 minutes) gone back to the end of the softball game, then pre-empted SportsCenter for an edition of BarryCenter right after the softball game. I know people are into the Barry Watch, but don’t spoil the end of another game for him.

“Rant Off” 

Ernie