View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 01, 2002, 03:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink You need to look at it more closely.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Please show me in the NFHS/NCAA Rules BookS where you ignore the foul committed in Plays B and C. There is no advantage clause in basketball like there is in soccer; except when Coach B commits a technical foul while A1 is on a one-nothing fast bread (see the NFHS Casebook). To have a "no call" (oh how I dislike that phrase) in Plays B and C is a classic example of "seeing the whole play" (I also dislike this phrase.) is just not allowed by the rules.

The contact by A3 against B1 is a foul and to wait to see what the shot does is not allowed by the rules. Please read my postings on incidental contact (NFHS R4-S27 and NCAA R4-S37), and you will see that this type of intetpretation cannot be defended.
You have every right to your opinion. But the rules does use a advantage/disadvantage provision in it. It is just not worded that way. You need to look in the Incidental Contact rule 4-27 and look at what the rule says about contact and affecting "normal offensive and defensive movement." And if I am not mistaken (not looking at the book right now) I do see something about not matter how "severe" the contact might be. If that is not advantage/disadvantage, I really do not know what the heck is.

Peace