Thread: NASO
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

Last year, REFEREE magazine filed suit aganst RightSports.com, the owner of ereferee.com They claimed that they owned exclusive rights to the word Referee, since they first had a site named Referee.com. REFEREE won their suit and RightSports was forced to rename their website. That's what Kelvin is referring to.

As far as REFEREE magazine goes, my experiences with them have been very poor. 1- They're quizzes are usually filled with errors. 2- I would get my issue about 10 days after others in my association. 3- They offer a reduced rate to new subscribers but nothing to those who have subscribed for years.

Also, there was a post by Jon Levinson on the McGriff board about six weeks ago. Jon talked about how much trouble he had with NASO people with regards to game fee insurance when he was out with an injury. I have included the link below.

http://www.gmcgriff.com/refonline/ww...ges/21371.html

They've done some good work with regards to getting legislation passed regarding violence against officials. But I felt you should hear some of the negative things as well.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith