View Single Post
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave30
I would like to know the opinion of my call in a high school boys summer league game.

Tie game: Team A's best player drives the baseline, takes a couple of steps and lowers his shoulder into a defender. Defense wants an offensive foul to foul out the player. Offense thinks it is a shooting foul, thinking defender was not in position. I made the right call.... a travel....The offensive player throws the ball into the corner about 20 feet away. Subs are coming in , there are only 8 seconds left and I ask the player to go get the ball for me please. He looks at me and says, "Go get it yourself!"........With only 8 seconds left, I give him a technical foul. Team B makes the free throws, then gets ball, gets fouled and makes two more free throws to ice the game.

My question is, was I too overzealous in giving a T in that situation? After I think about it, I probably could have ignored it, but when the kid said to go get the ball myself, I just reacted.
hmmm...summer league game...stop the game to tell the coach he needs another player, your little friend needs to leave.

If the coach is smart & sends in a sub, play on.

If not T A1 up. Might as well DQ him at that point as well.