Thread: NASO
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 03:18am
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Who cares what they did to RightSports.com

This is called business. If someone had a site that was similar to yours, you would not be happy if they were taking business away from yours, but associating their name with yours. This happens everyday in business and businesses sue each other because over stealing or what looks like stealing similar ideas.

And I would assume that Referee had problems with people thinking that eReferee.com was them. And that is why I am sure the lawsuit came about.

But for me, I am a member of NASO and I love my membership. I do not expect things to be perfect, but the resources that NASO and the magazine provide is priceless to me as an official. And I feel that you really do not have to choose. If you want to dish out the money for both, do that. I personally do not, because RightSports is mainly over the internet. I am sure that it has good resources, but giving them about the same money for something I cannot touch or smell to me does not make a lot of sense. I have to spend money to access the resources that RightSports has to offer. And I also feel that NASO has much greater credibility. The officials that have not accomplished much of anything are contributers to their website. I am sure there are many good officials and knowledgable people that are apart of this site, but I think the people at RightSports are a couple of steps behind at this point. I really think if you want to be members of both, do so. Any knowledge of any kind is always good. But I do not think it is a issue of one over the other. If you have the money and choose to be a member of both, you have the prerogative. For my lifestyle at this point, NASO is the only way to go.

Peace