View Single Post
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 06:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dribble
This is a difficult question to answer without knowing which ruleset you're referring to. Irrespective of that, almost all fouls (personal, technical, intentional, flagrant) count towards the team foul count. The ones that don't, in general, are player and team control fouls along with some indirect technicals.

If you can let us know which rules you want clarification on, then we can probably be of more help.
Huh? I don't know what FIBA or the NBA do, but IN GENERAL what you wrote is quite untrue for NCAA and NFHS rules. So while the ruleset which is being used is of great importance, I'd have to say that for a guy doing MS games you steered him in the wrong direction.

I know for sure that in NFHS play ALL fouls except for an INdirect technical to a head coach count in the team foul total that goes to awarding the opponent the bonus.

Please don't confuse the tally of these fouls with the actual awarding of FTs though. We know that NO FTs are awarded for player control or team control fouls, but these fouls do still up the team tally and the next foul may then warrant bonus FTs.