View Single Post
Old Tue May 23, 2006, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

As I read all your posts, it almost seem we all have expereince similar situations. My youngest daughter played basketball since she was in third grade. She now is graduating HS and going to JMU. She actaully was a better soccer player than Basketball, she enter the realm of basketball to share a common interest. Little did she know I enjoyed anything she did becuase she did with heart. Her sophmore year of high school she decided to become an official in rec ball. AS JKJennings commented the fanboys were not easy going just becuase she was a young lady. Well needless to say she couldn't take the criticism she was getting from the Coaches and Parents. I was amazed that she was getting a better reaction from the players than from the parents. Parents can be very critical and hurtful to any officials, no matter how old or young, and sexes don't mean a hella beans. So now she is so turned off to do any officiating of any sport. She has been to some of my games and couldn't understand how it didn't bother me when they yell at me. My simple answer was"what yelling".