View Single Post
Old Mon May 22, 2006, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Since we're on the topic of crappy leagues....today the director of the local Y emailed and begged me to work the season ending all-star game. The regular season is over, this game is supposed to be fun and all but of course there's one jerk. With about 20 seconds left, a player from blue, who by the way is up 20, gets the ball on the break and possibly gets fouled (I heard a small slap, but couldn't see where and when the contact was since we were working 2 man) which I no called. He immediately starts complaining, I ignore him. A few seconds after the buzzer as I'm leaving the floor he tells me I know nothing about officiating. I tell him the game isn't over until I leave the visual confines so he needs to stop talking to me. He continues to complain telling me I can't do anything because the game is over, so I T him up ($15 dollar fine in the league, $30 for 2 and so on). The look of shock on their faces was hilarious. I go report it and grab my stuff. The director asks me what he said and I told him the whole situation. I also told him if the fine isn't imposed, don't bother calling me to work again. I probably won't go back anyway. I just don't get some of these people at all. Ok, done venting. Hopefully I have a good first night out on the baseball diamond to help get this last game out of my head.