Thread: Best Game Ever?
View Single Post
Old Thu May 18, 2006, 07:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Honestly, I have a hard time remembering games from more than a year or so ago. So I'll give you two terrific games from this past season. First was Connecticut College @ Williams College. Williams is a perpetual conference power and won the D3 national championship just a few years ago. Conn College gave them all they could handle, and Williams had to hit a shot with 0.7 to win it. Worked with very good partners. After the game-winning shot, the clock didn't stop and all three of us had seen the clock at 0.7. Great game managers (them, not me). The place was nuts and the crowd and the bench emptied onto the court. We had to clear the floor and give Conn their last chance with the 0.7, which just missed from midcourt. Really a fun game.

Second game was two out-of-state high school teams that came to Springfield to play in a tournament. A Rhode Island school and a Connecticut school. The atmosphere wasn't great, b/c it was a neutral site. But I worked with a very good partner and both teams played great ball. RI's best player fouled out on a PC with under a minute to go. CT tied it in the last minute and then won it in OT. On the way off the floor, an irate parent yelled at me, "Number 1 rule is that you can't foul out the best player in the last minute!" Guess I missed that section.

One other memorable game for me was my first USBL game b/c it was just so much darn fun to use the pro rules and mechanics.