View Single Post
Old Wed May 17, 2006, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
eing somewhat physical and playing good defense, and SA doesn't like it. I can understand them not liking it, but complaining about the officials is bush league.
Hmmm, probably a Mavericks fan. In no way do I believe the Spurs have lost because of the officiating. The Mavs are playing very good ball and throwing a lot of young talent at the Spurs. The Spurs should be ashamed at how they are managing the FT line but they are playing crisper with each game - so don't count them out.

To believe that Cuban's incessant lobbying does not have any effect on how the game is called is a bit naive, imo. I certainly do not believe the officials "cost the game", nor do I believe they are purposely trying to appease Cuban , but if an owner submits a barrage of reports throughout the season to document bad calls and is willing to pay through the nose in order to complain, then you can bet that may very likely mean the officials tend to be a 'bit more' on their toes to avoid bad calls against the Mavericks.

Of course, neither one of us is objective about this, are we?