View Single Post
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

We are in Oregon, and we use a similar mercy rule, with a running clock after 40 pts difference in score.

Now I've got to convince the league to not force a forfeit on us. The game film supports that it was the individual not the team that caused the problem.

I know the league is going to want overwhelming evidence because they are afraid of offending the officals. This is due to that, one team's behavior was so poor, that their local offical assocation WILL NOT officiate their games. The officals for that area now travel an hour to officate the games. This blackout is still in affect even though the original team that caused it as since folded, and a new team, with new management, different players has been reformed. So that is what I am going to be battling when the league has it's hearing on the situation.

So, my next question to the officals out there is this: How can we as a league, should that we respect the officals and their judgement, and still get the correct outcome of the game. I am afraid that unless I can provide a solution to the league that will not alienate the officals, they are going to rule the game a forfeit. While it is not the end of the world, this is my team's third year of existence. The first two years we went a combined 1-15. If we are granted this win, that puts us a 3-4, and playing our last game for a .500 record, a major goal for the market size of this team, and a major step in the building of our organization.

Some of my thoughts are as following:
A5 - Suspended one game for the ejection as league policy.
A5 - Then Suspended for one year for the Unsportsmanlike Conduct directed at the Referee.
A5 - To complete Anger Management course before reinstatement to the league
A5 - To volunteer as a youth offical before reinstatement to the league.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments?