View Single Post
Old Mon May 15, 2006, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo99
I am real happy with my Honigs K 2 Fastpitch Elite chest protector which is designed exclusively for F.P. softball..It is really light weight and gives protection for the shoulder/collar bone area and sternum area...I like the Honigs K 2 because it gives me the protection where I need it without be restrictive.
I also use the K2, but I am thinking about replacing it, probably before next season. I've used it for 3 years. I agree about all of the advantages Jeff lists, which is why I bought it in the first place. Very light, very cool, nearly invisible beneath your shirt (except for the shoulder area.)

Excellent shoulder-area protection. Excellent sternum protection. Little to none elsewhere, which is my concern with it. I'm not worried about the lack of belly protection, since a hit there can be painful, but rarely will it be anything serious. My concern is the lack of good protection for the upper chest / rib cage - meaning heart area. There is some half-a$$ed attempt at padding there, but it is really minimal.