Thread: Hot threads
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 26, 2001, 11:23am
9 times

Quote:
Originally posted by eroe39
Quote:
These guys have no credibility with anybody on this board, and yet want to help us by getting us to disregard rules or taking advice that is simply bad for most guys. Even when the majority of us are proven right on national TV, all we get is "Did you ever think that maybe he missed the call?"
I feel like you are getting too personal on this forum. Your telling me that everybody on this board thinks I have no credibility. Please speak for yourself. I certainly do not feel my advice is bad for officials. I am not trying to poison the officiating community. You say you are proven right because of one play that Andre Patillo called a foul from lead across the paint that the slot passed on. I still have not seen this play, but you cannot prove an entire case on one play. I could look through the archives of tapes and find several plays where a foul is not called on that type of play. This does not prove anything. Andre is not some GOD whereby all officials must imitate every call he makes. He is human like all of us and subject to mistakes.
Eli,

you may not have credibility with everyone on the board, but believe me there are several here who know what you can do and put stock in what you write.

Quote:
But they've got to be confronted when their interpretations are blatently wrong.
My interpretations are blatently wrong to you, but they are my opinions. You have your own interpretations and that's fine.

I think your interpretations are right on. It is too easy to make blanket statements about how plays should be called. I wish it were that easy. Also, we make mistakes--all of us at all levels. I didn't see the "Andre" play and don't know what I think about it, but I have sat with very good officials and talked about plays that we are watching and we disagree about what the call should be. We all can't be right at the same time.

Quote:
If they follow the advice of these three guys, they will get nowhere fast.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Disagree with this.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019