View Single Post
Old Thu May 11, 2006, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

I agree, everyone can see up and down but only me and the catcher can tell if it was right or left, and she ain't telling!! I found that it works real well, and there are no complaints.....well I had one girl look at her coach on a called strike she thought was outside and he looked at her and said "Come on you got to get that, we want those called when were pitchin'....we got to hit 'em when they throw 'em" For the record she hit the next pitch to the fence in right field....it was almost the exact same place as the last pitch!! I figure if it is between the inside lines of the batters boxes, it's in the zone!! I'd probably say if it's toward the plate on the inside batters box line, and as long as part of the ball is toward the plate on the outside corner then it's good enough for me!! That is giving them 6" on either side of the plate, maybe more like 7-8" on the outside, and a 12" ball is approx. 4"(3.82.... depending on the value for pie) in diameter so that is about 1.5 ball width on the inside and about 2 ball widths on the outside.