View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

New things ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
I don't get out much so this was a new deal for me.

Working my only small college games yesterday, I had really loud music behind the backstop between innings. I didn't like it, but I figgered, like I said, I don't get out much.

Well, then the music started between batters [Wazzat, about 20 seconds?], and I went to the music box and asked them to refrain between batters. They said fine, but they tattled on me.

Home coach came out at the next half-inning and said "Everyone does that music between batters at every other field." I said, "No kiddin'?" I asked the visiting "on-deck batter if that was so and he said, "Yes it is (so)."

Okeedokee, I figger. ...Weird, but okeedokee.

Does this, between batters music thing, happen at all levels of college ball or is this specific to DIII leagues?

mick
Its prevalent at all of our high school games. Started at the top three schools about three or four years ago (couple of teams that have won several state championships), and everyone else is following suit.

I think it kind of neat as long as it doesn't delay the game.

Most all of them here are run on a computer and they use a real player or itunes so they know exactly how long the clip is.

And then they have a fade button so if the clip is longer as the batter gets on the dirt they fade them down.

Its kind of funny to me as they will play Jeopardy as the manager talks with his pitcher and etc.,

Of course, me being a musician might have something to do with it also... (g)

Thanks
David