View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Get Out

"time limitation for pitcher to deliver the ball with no runners on base changed from 20seconds to 12seconds"

A second time period really isn't needed. Twenty seconds when runners are on base and 12 seconds when the bases are empty confuses matters. This seems to me like it would be very difficult rule to enforce on the field because it doesn't explain who is responsible for holding the stop watch. I suppose the BU can adopt the basketball mechanic for enforcing this 12-second rule. But even that would be difficult going into the eigth inning.

Twelve seconds seems a bit "arbitrary" too. I would hate for a 15 million dollar man to blow his arm out because of insufficient rest between pitches. I guess now someone in the dugout will have to burn an extra time out (not a visit) around 11 seconds every inning. Look son, your throwing a no hitter and the bases are empty so you have to release the ball within 12 seconds.

Rule is not fair to defense when the offense bats around, or the pitch count approaches 30 pitches per inning, or the pitcher is facing Albert Pujols, etc. Look son, the rules don't care if you give up another hit or or walk or home run. I cannot replace you becasue I have to rest all the other sore arms in the bullpen.

Summary, Don't go looking for trouble.