View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

boss...i got my list when i went to pbuc this year. like i said before, those are the only major changes. all the other changes deal with redundant wording and administrative stuff.

-the definition of the league president was modified.
-they are now using gender-neutral references
-the wording was change on how the umpires "remove the gloss" on new baseballs
-wording changed with regard to the official rosin bag
-automatic 10 game suspension to person intentionally defacing baseball
-optional suspended game rule (players union is voting on this one for the 2007 season, i believe)
-wording was changed with regard to protestes
-"experimental rule" which was used by MiLB last season. if a batter refuses to take his postion in the batters-box, time will be called and one strike shall be added to the count.
-experimental pace-of-game rule, defines when a batter can/can not leave the batters box
-wording changed to elimante redundant rules regarding the 3-foot running lane
-new rule added: "one base, if a fielder deliberately ouches a pitched ball with his cap, mask or any part of his uniform detached from its proper place on his person. the ball is in play, and the award is made from the position of the runner at the time the ball was touched."
-redundant wording, batter hitting ball with bat second time. 7.09(b) and 6.05(h) wording was indentical
-with no runners on base, the pitcher is not required to come to a complete stop when using the set position
-posession of foreign substance, automatic 10 game suspension
-time limitation for pitcher to deliver the ball with no runners on base changed from 20seconds to 12seconds

"rules require approval of the Major League Players Association for implemention at the Major League leavel in 2006. As of this writing, the players association has approved, (gender-neutral, redundant rule w/3foot running lane, batter hitting ball second time). All 23 changes are effective for the 2006 season at all other levels of professional baseball as well as leagues that play under the Official Baseball Rules."

hope that hepls