Thread: Hot threads
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 24, 2001, 04:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Let me give my opinion on this one.

I think many people spend most of their time here worried about what others think. The reality is that most of us are from all over the country. Unless you are like Bob Jenkins and I, you might not even be in the same area and work together. And even the fact that I know Bob J, does not mean that we share the same experiences or have to share the same experiences to get onto the court.

Bob and I, do not even work for all the same assignors or always do the same levels. I respect Bob greatly, especially the fact that he connected me to some good people in the Chicagoland area when I moved, and also when I finally worked with him last year for the first time, he was every bit as good as what he portrayed here. But I am sure that does not apply to everyone else here all the time.

Look, I have officiated in Illinois, but in two completely different areas of the state. And I even have worked one sport in two states. I have belonged or currently belong to at least 6 different officials associations during my career. I learned early on, that you follow the ones that you respect, and look the other way with the officials that you do not. Unfortunatly we do not have the benefit of working with most officials here, so we have to go with what they say.

I have had spectators tell me that I was the "best official" they have ever seen and some that have said I am the worst. I take much of that advice like I do with the people that feel the same way about me here.

We are never going to please everyone, and if you try you will go crazy.

Jesus Christ during his life was one of the most feared and hated individuals in his community that had the chance to witness or speak to him. I really do not think that if you believe in the goodness of Jesus and that Jesus died for your sins, you should be caring about what people think or how different those opinions are different from yours. If they had the nerve to crusify Jesus, what do you think they will say about those that have different views or opinions.

If everyone in this world could agree, Bin Lauden and the Christian community with many other Muslims throughout the world would be seeing eye to eye on the world and how God fits into that.

Julie, I think you have good intentions, but we are never going to get people with vastly different experiences on the same page. It is just not going to happen that easily.

God Bless