View Single Post
Old Thu May 04, 2006, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
This just strikes me as dumb and overly PC. They're girls/women. It can't possibly be offensive to refer to them that way, when a respectful term is used. I call the guys "gentlemen" and the girls "ladies".
I know there are people who are offended by the term 'ladies'. My husband is one of them. I'm not.

My advice would be to take zebraman's advice a little more broadly and try to find out if there are certain things that certain evaluators tend to harp on. If you know someone in your area who works with these people, or has been to camp under them, ask what the PersonalPOE's are for each clinician. You may or may not decide to "play up" to those, but at least you'll know what's coming.

I might add that I've been to several college camps (never even close to getting picked up) and I think the most important thing to do is to stay involved and included in everything. If your face is there within the vision of several clinicians most of the time, you'll be more likely to get picked up next year, if you aren't this year. I'm not speaking from personal experience, but rather from what I've seen with other people.

Also, you might consider choosing a clinician to be your personal mentor for next season, even if you don't get picked up for college. This is a really good way to elevate your high school game, and also to get your name on the clipboard for next year.