View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 23, 2001, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

My dad coaches 5-6 grade perochial school bb, and when I am open, I reff games there. Last season, I had all of his games. One game I ended up t'ing the other coach and eventually gave him the boot. 2 st. john (the perochial school) games, they were vsing. Coach starts barking about how I am out to get his daughter, and call fouls on her because "she is soooo good..." then, she says to another player who is better than her (kid on my dad's team) "get the **** away from me!) BOOM t'd her, then coach (bigshot who got rejected by 6 major league baseball teams, cuz he was too slow) "Hey reff, stop calling the game for your dad" BOOM. the saga continues, but I have done many of my father's games and most of them are ok, but all it takes is one game. Would I not accept games that the athletic director offers me because of this? No, I am just careful not to treat him any differently, and I like to think I don't. If it was an upper level game, I would NOT, you shouldn't put yourself in that position, from a previous post, you never know who is watching. You don't want to portray that you let emotion influence your game. Just some food for thought

Doug