View Single Post
Old Wed May 03, 2006, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp44
This is essentially what most crews are doing in PA now, and is what is being taught in camps (at least around my area) that focus on high school mechanics. There are still some Rs though that like to lock down at as many as 30 seconds, which IMHO, is retarded...if you need to rotate, then rotate. I guess it's just an opinion of whether you think getting the clock right or not being straight-lined on a drive to the basket is more important
Now, I had always been taught that even though the crew might be "locked down" and will no longer rotate, the L will still come across and referee the play instead of leaving the C to handle all the players and the ball. If there is a turnover or basket, the L will then come back across to their orginal position as they go down the floor, so the old C will remain C, and the old T becomes the new L.

Iow, the L will still come across so there are no straight-lined plays, and the C still keeps track of the clock. "Locking down" doesn't mean staying in the same spot and keeping bad angles.

(Used with permission.)