View Single Post
Old Wed May 03, 2006, 02:11pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
rocky - thanks for the update. I'm just starting to get into camp mode, because I'm getting ready to send in a couple of applications for June camps. Geesh, it's that time already?

Does the bulletin mention anything about T covering the post play if the ball is wide on L's side? Or are they changing back to essentially HS and NCAA-M mechanics, where the L covers all their area? I do like the idea of going back to the T covering the corner, including the 3-pt. shot, as well as the sideline (I assume). And I really like the idea of the same person being responsible for the last shot, whether there's a rotation or not. Granted, most of the time, if I'm working with experienced partners it has never been an issue, but inexperienced partners tend to forget who has the last shot, especially if they were C in front of the table.
It doesn't mention anything about that...I would imagine that it's not going to change anything about that. In other words, if the L has the ball handler on the baseline(inside three-pt. line now) and there is post play on the box, the T is still going to have to cover that post play...the only change is L doesn't have to try to get out far enough to cover the ball in the deep corner.