View Single Post
Old Tue May 02, 2006, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimp8
What would you do if A)this "rule" was slipped in at the last moment w/o your assoc knowing it?
The league administration decides what rules they will play by and what adoptions they will make. The umpires simply enforce those rules. If you don't like or agree with the league rules, don't umpire games for that league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimp8
B)if a coach brings the rule book and/or by-laws on the field?
There has been some disagreement on this board in the past about a coach bringing a rulebook on the field. My feeling is that a coach can bring a rulebook and/or bylaws on the field without showing up the umpire.

If a coach comes out of the dugout screaming that you blew a call and waving a rulebook/bylaws around, s/he gets ejected.

If the coach approaches you respectfully and asks about a call or rule interpretation with the rulebook/bylaws in his back pocket then, after calm discussion, offers to produce the documentation to review, I do not have a problem with that.

As far as I am concerned, it is the actions of the coach that determine an ejection, not the fact that s/he caries a book on the field.