View Single Post
Old Tue May 02, 2006, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblue1
As long as I can continue to annoy Windbag & SDS…….

The entire issue is based on two things:
1. Money
2. Respect

The good folks at MiLB and PBUC have only one goal – make as much money as possible, regardless of which they trample. In many ways they emulate the railway barons; lie, cheat, yellow press – as long as the money flows in who cares?

MiLB has zero respect for the players, fans, employees or the game itself. Why should they? MLB pays for the players, field staff and many other expenses. If they could make more $$$ on pig races, the warning tracks would get lane stripes.

Is it wrong for AMLU to ask for the recognition that they are in fact professionals? Granted that umpiring in the minor leagues is never going to make anyone rich or perhaps even comfortable paying a living wage is not an unreasonable request by any means.

The strike will end once MLB decides that the risk to their player investment has become too high for comfort. Until then, I fear that things will become more confrontational and less level-headed by both sides. (I do not and will never condone the actions of a few on both sides of this strike. Let us all hope they if nothing else, reasonable actions prevail).
Jim,

When the guys get released and replaced, can I come on out to SoCal and work a Cal League game or two with ya?