Thread: Good read
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 30, 2006, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

A Letter Of Thanks

Yesterday I watched a movie on flight 93. It reminded me of the heroism that the passengers displayed on board that flight on the day of September 11th, 2001 and what it means to be an American. As a former resident of the city of San Ramon I was constantly reminded of our Hero Tom every time I passed Tom Burnett Lane while driving down Stoneridge Drive in Pleasanton.

They say God has a plan for everyone. Well, whether God put Tom on that plane that day or not the fact remains that he sacrificed his life in lieu of many others that could have died that day. On 11th September 2001 Tom’s actions exemplified the meaning of Personal Courage and Selfless Service. Tom faced fear and adversity and had both physical and moral courage. He Put the welfare of the nation before his own. The passengers on board flight 93 beard true faith and allegiance to one another in the actions they took that day. On the day of 11th September 2001 Tom had no obligation to do anything on that flight. Tom’s fate would have been the same no matter what. Not everyone could say they would react as Tom did that day. His discipline, self-control and faith gave him strength in order to react the way he did. Tom I salute you and one day hope to shake your hand as you and I fight for the same cause.

Deena- You are a courageous woman and are nothing short of what Tom was. You show the utmost dedication to our country through the time that you volunteer to the communities of America and reach out to the citizens of this great country. Now it’s my turn, Beginning mid June I will be serving in Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. God Bless You, Tom, Your Children, and the United States Of America.

Thank You,

PFC Gregory C.W. Archer,

U.S. Army Combat Medic, 1-8 Mechanized Infantry, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colorado.

[email protected]