View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 29, 2006, 10:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Wow, I did Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel before. I have no desire to go to Grand Cayman again, but I had fun in Cozumel. What cruise line are you on? We did our first two on Carnival, but our last one was on Royal Caribbean and that is what we are going on this time.
Grand Cayman can be great depending on the reason you go. The landscape is not particularly interesting nor is the beach all that spectacular...I wouldn't know about the nightlife since that's not my thing). But, if you're into scuba diving, WOW! It is absolutely unbelieveable....escpecially on the east end of the island (away from the cruise port). It's one of the top places in the world for that. My wife and I spent a week there in 2003...half in Georgetown and half in East End. We much preferred the latter. It was relaxing, quiet, few people, great service, and amazing diving....except for the day tropical storm Bill decided to kick up the seas...nothing like climbing aboard a 40' boat in 12 ft. seas while wearing scuba gear.