View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 27, 2006, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to PanamaCityBrian
I am so ashamed that while I read this post I am wanting to pursue a long term position in the ranks of Umpires!!!! Let me say to hear some of the political babble that goes on in the forum is normally tolerable but to hear some of you grown men, whine that we arent paid enough to call a GAME ( hmmm sounds quite similar to PRO Athletes ) and then when you walk away from the game and they get replacements you get mad and blame the replacements for your problems. Ya know when they tried this in the majors if I am not mistaken the MLB just fired your ***.... hmm maybe because of some of the opinions I have seen in this forum perhaps they should look into it here.

Do not get me wrong, I am all about equal pay and fair wages but..... what does striking do for you..... NOTHING..... striking has never solved anything.... you might get alittle better deal while still giving up thing you didnt want to give up. There are alot of guys who I have seen in here acting like complete children about this whole thing. Remember this is a game about children that men are just lucky enough to able to participate in as they get older and make a decent wage doing so.....

Now I have not heard all the info but apparently the pay increase that the AMLU is vying for look to be what $100 here and $5 there that is what I have managed to gather from reading in this forum. I mean you guys actually think that by you striking you will get the big business of baseball to stop and not continue their games... that business is bigger than the umpires and everything about umpires... and that is sad cause again it is a game and ya need the umpires to run the game but I do not think they care.

But I do feel in the articles I had read about wages I do find that they are not fair or compensatory in the least way for what job the umpires at the MiLB level do... but I do not think striking or you acting like a moron when another human takes a baseball bat to the chest and trying to find someway to justify it by saying he is a SCAB is at all mature!!! GROW UP

In closing I hope the Tampa player is suspended for the year put in anger management and re-evaulated next year prior to the season about reinstatement.

PanamaCitBrian

I understand I will be bashed for this but understand it is one man's opinions and observations.