View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 26, 2006, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeErieUmp
Don't forget, Orlando Brown of the Cleveland Browns pushed a referee to the ground and got basically nothing for it.
I don't buy the idea he only did it because it was a replacement ump. Blue is blue. Otherwise what happens at Triple-A...does he get to throw a ball at a Triple-A umpire because he's not a major league umpire?
Once upon a time umpires (and basketball officials and football referees) were untouchable. Once upon a time Robbie Alomar is suspended for life for spitting on John Hershbeck.
Once upon a time.
i dont think he threw the bat at the umpire just because he was a replacement and he thought he could get away, i think he threw the bat because the replacement umpires havent been up to the high quality that he has seen before. he is probably frustrated that their calls have gone against him or have been inconsistent. he probably got rung up on a questionable pitch that has gone both ways all throughout the season so far and had enough.

im not saying hes right in what he did, but i had a feeling that players would be blowing up on these replacements sometime.