View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2001, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TXMATTHEW05
I see where you're coming from -

Quote:
Not sure the quality of that kind of practice. I never played basketball at a significant level, but did play baseball. When we have a game in control (like the 20+ leads we had on several occassions) we "practiced" doing specific things when at bat. You know; switch hitting, putting certain pitches in play in a specific area (the HIT portion of the hit and run), etc.. Not sure how much of that can be done in basketball but there are ways to keep the score down to a certain extent. If nothing else, work on passing.

Team Z would never see a game called closer on them.

I hate coaches like that.
I see you're point. But all the same, it WAS practice for us. Pressing is just as bad as passing the ball around to each other in the front court, leading the other team around like dogs. I mean, don't get me wrong, we let them get down the court often, but we also didn't stop pressing all together. It was nothing more than a scrimage game to us. AND, the next time we played them, a conference game, we beat them slights, some 62 - 58. NEVER underestimate a team. It was just a practice for us, nothing more. It wasn't an ego thing.