View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2001, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Tony with a big T, we did crack down quite a bit and I waved off several baskets for travelling. It's the first time I've been thankful that the NBA and their "bad habits" influence younger players.

I wish I had thrown a T or two. But I've been working on how to handle the borderline stuff and trying to control it with other methods. And in fact, after I gave a couple of hairy eyeballs, the high five for the fouling stopped -- at least it stopped being noticeable. I think next time, I'll be quicker to stop the game and require some crowd control. Although the fans weren't threatening or abusive, really, they were taunting and their noise was not the joy of winning, but the sort of nasty cheering one might expect at the guillotine. I mean how exciting is it when your player beats only four opponents down the floor for an easy lay-up, when you're already 50 points ahead?

The follow-up is interesting, though because that evening, the varsity team B lost, but only by one point. And then last night, Team Z got beat by another team in the same league by like 25.

I do have another question, though. What should I have been doing about my own attitude? I was so angry by the end of the game, I was fighting back tears. I don't feel that was the best way to feel, and it didn't help me do my best reffing job. How do you guys and gals control your own emotions? I did mouth off to one player, slightly, and I 1regretted it. 2 I 345 6 Okay, the baby is taking over the keyboard here and I've got to go, so 'nuff s7aid.

Thanks for all the comments.

8 9 01