View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2001, 12:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
At least Tim you were smart enough to say never again and stick to it. We just can't seem to say no.
I can't say that I will never say no again. I will do it if I am ready and they are paying well enough. But it is very tough to go all day long like that. In my case I never had more than a 20 minute break the whole day. I got plenty to drink but to eat I only had a peanut butter sandwich and a banana. I will say that game six was the most difficult. Game 4 and 5 were rather easy. Game six the girls started to scratch and claw like they do during a normal varsity game. When the coaches started complaining about the officiating, I just growled something like, Shut up, I've been here all day and I don't want to hear it. If I miss a call it isn't because I am calling the best game I can because I am not. They shut up and we had a real street fight for the final game. The next day the assignor made the necessary changes so that a fresh shift would be there for games 5 on so all I had to do that day was 4 games. I also made the mistake in that I asked for girls again. The girls started the playoff portion of the tournament and I got a buch of losers bracket games. The ugliest form of game on the planet especially when the teams playing both think they should be playing on the winners side of the bracket. The experience does take on a whole new deminsion to physical conditioning.