View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 02:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Please, let's give this a rest.
That man may be the nicest, most giving person in the world.
At a 188 #, my eyes light up at any "all you can eat buffet" and always have.

mick
Mick,

He can't be that nice or giving or he wouldn't in my estimation be out on that field. I have all the respect in the world for any person that is willing to stand up and fight for their rights and beliefs, no matter what the cost. That includes any union or non union person. Until these so called "replacements" are willing to work under the same conditions the AMLU guys were, then they are just fooling themselves and everyone into thinking they are performing a service. They need to work for the same low pay, drive all night to their next game, and live off a crappy per diem. Instead, they enjoy the luxuries of sleeping in their own bed and being home with their families at night. Probably making more per game as extra incentive. In my eyes it's not that they are out there umpiring, it's the fact that this probably the only picket line they are willing to cross.

I don't think they would be beating down the doors to be garbage men, truck drivers, welders. painters, carpenters, or walk the high steel. Not to mention working in the steel mills and coal mines. So why the get out there and feel the need to umpire a game for a few extra bucks and the ego rush it must provide for them. "Hey, look at me. I'm on a field with real professional ball players." That doesn't and wouldn't ever cut it for me. I have too much respect for anyone that gets up, goes to work everyday, and does a good job no matter how menial in nature it is considered to be.

BTW-That picture isn't SAump is it? Just kidding SA. Luv ya man. I enjoy your posts even if some don't.

On a side note. If that guy is a TASO official and was in my association, I would block him and any other official that did the same. About the only people he will be working with will be his own fellow scabs and the newbies that come in. He may never see a varsity field again if he has even seen one before.