View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 20, 2006, 01:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3appleshigh
I was at the game, and both calls were very obvious. I think the play at home was a bit of a revlon call, as the call at second cost the Yankees a run. This wasn't close at all. And Chubby at 2nd base was just plain HORRIBLE Timing. He had his hand up in a fist as the ball was in flight to the base. When the ball dropped, he pointed at the base, gave the out again, and showed a "on the Transfer" mechanic. It was bad.
Hey 3appleshigh, I don't think Froemming's nickname is Chubby, if i remember right. To us slender-challenged people, calling us names based on our weight is the equivalent to calling black people the "N" word. It isn't very nice, and it hurts people's feelings. I'm sure if I took a look at you, I could find some hateful nickname for you, and you wouldn't appreciate it very much. There is no justification for referring to someone by their physical appearance.

I got called to the carpet for using the term "retarded" in regard to a rule, for cryin' out loud. I was informed by several people on this forum that I was being insensitive toward the mentally handicapped, and that other terms should be used. And I was just referring to a rule, not an actual person.

Froemming didn't blow the call because of his weight, he blew it because of his poor timing. And last I knew, skinny people can have bad timing too.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25