View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 19, 2006, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Your not a ventriliquist and I'm not your dummy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Yes. I do not think that these "replacement" umpires believe for one minute that they have a chance in hell of ever seeing the Show. That sounds like somebody blowing smoke up their rear ends.

As far as the people who are crossing the picket lines, here it is:

These games are going to be played, and umpires are going to work them. The only people using harsh rhetoric like the word 'scab' are the union backers. The majority of the people in the U.S. are non-union people. Many of them are extremely anti-union as well. They see nothing wrong with crossing an imaginery line made up by people with strong beliefs of the opposite kind.

Guys like BigUmp56 (who, God bless him, is admittedly my buddy) and JIGGY are die-hard union folks, who see the replacements as 'scabs.' The rest of the world does not see it exactly the same way.
I am not and never have been a "union" person. I have never belonged to a union. I simply don't understand why some people would get involved in a situation that has nothing to do with them and which they stand to gain nothing in the end.

-Benjamin Franklin