Thread: Knee pain
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Somebody say knee pain and belly? Expert in both.

I had knee surgery on March 1. Orthopod wanted to try everything else in the world before surgery, and then this happened, and then this other guy was out of town...so had surgery March 1 for injury last July 25.

All arthroscopic:
1. Lateral release - be sure that thing floating around in there isn't your patella.

2. Clean out redo upper notch for patella and patellar tendons

3. Torn cartilage (didn't show up in MRI because it was hidden behind patella, etc.)

4. Lots of cleaning...maybe I should post pix online.

5. 3 holes in bottom of thigh bone (I get 'em mixed up, which is femur and fibula and tibia and ulna and sciatic and whatever...) to somehow help alleviate arthritis, which will some day turn me into an assignor or an angry fan...

The exercises you described are good. Don't forget work on glutes as well...if you don't feel a stretch all the way to glutes, you might want to consult someone.

All this time off the field is killin' me...but I learned a long time ago they CAN play without me. Doc says I can go back any time. PT says not so fast. On the elevator to PT yesterday I got in my plate stance. Good thing PT was the other side of the door...